Terms and Conditions of Membership
All members of Milford & District U3A must:
- Abide by the Principles of the U3A movement.
- Always act in the best interests of the U3A and never do anything to bring the U3A into disrepute.
- Abide by the terms and conditions of the constitution.
- Treat fellow members with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Comply with and support the decisions of the elected committee.
- Advise the committee of any change in your personal details.
Member’s Code of Conduct
U3A members are expected to conduct themselves within the movements “guiding principles”. They are also expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.
The member Code of Conduct clarifies the standard of behaviour expected as a member of a U3A.
- Members are expected to know, follow and promote the Principles of the U3A Movement at every opportunity.
- Members must always act in the best interests of Milford & District U3A and the U3A Movement, strive to uphold its reputation and never do anything that could bring Milford & District U3A or the U3A Movement into disrepute or expose it to undue risk.
- Members are expected to use Milford & District U3A’s resources responsibly and only to further its stated charitable objects/purposes.
- Members are expected to reflect the current organisational policy of Milford & District U3A, regardless of whether it conflicts with their personal views.
- Members are expected to abide by Milford & District U3A’s procedures and practices.
- Members are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect at all times.
Members are also reminded that group leaders are all volunteers, mostly themselves also members of our U3A, that are giving their time and expertise for free. They will have their own preferred ways of communication. We therefore ask that you be patient and understanding of this and don’t expect too much.