If you are a current UK taxpayer you can boost your donation by 25p for every £ you donate. Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year.
The Milford and District U3A – Registered Charity Number 1096120
Why complete a Gift Aid Form?
- You may have completed in a Gift Aid declaration in the past. Unfortunately we need you to complete a new one because HMRC has changed the wording required for the declaration from 6 April 2016.
- All members with sufficient income are encouraged to complete the form, regardless of whether or not they’ve done so before.
- The U3A gets back £6.25 from HMRC for every £25.00 paid by a member who has made the declaration. This helps to keep subscriptions down.
- Your donations to U3A and other charities will qualify as long as they’re not more than 4 times what you have paid in tax in that tax year (6 April to 5 April).
- The form refers to a donation. Your subscription is a donation to the U3A, and the amount paid should be shown as a donation in the space provided.
- Husbands who pay an inclusive subscription to include their wives (or vice versa) can claim the whole donation, so long as they are UK taxpayers.
- For more information, guidance on Gift Aid can be found on the HMRC website at this address: https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid
- Complete and send your Gift Aid declaration with your membership form.
DON’T FORGET TO TICK THE BOX – IT’S NOT VALID WITHOUT